Welcome to the Waverly Central School District
The Waverly Central School District provides a quality educational program for approximately 1,775 students from kindergarten through grade 12.
The Waverly District takes great pride in offering a number of unique and challenging programs at both the elementary and secondary levels.
The Elementary program includes:
- A well-defined and articulated program of studies in reading, language arts, mathematics, science and social studies.
- Specialized art and music instruction as well as highly accomplished choral and instrumental music programs, including elementary band and annual art shows.
- Elementary Science Fair competition and mathematics competition.
- SRA Reading Program of Direct Instruction.
The Middle School features:
- Team Block Schedule with looping grades 7 & 8.
- Challenging, academic focused instruction.
- Experienced staff.
- Support services / knowledgeable & experienced with adolescent development.
- Homework assistance program
- Technology program.
- Extensive choral and instrumental music programs.
- Complete array of modified interscholastic athletics.
Waverly High School's extensive curriculum includes:
- A course sequence in engineering in collaboration with Rochester Institute of Technology (RIT) and the nationally recognized Project Lead the Way curriculum.
- Specialized advanced science program with participation in cellular biological research at the Guthrie Institute.
- Advanced placement courses with college credit through the Corning Community College Accelerated College Education (ACE) program in calculus, economics, chemistry, English and foreign languages.
- Competitive academic opportunities, including FIRST Robotics, College Invitational Math Competition, Scholarship Challenge and Chemistry Bowl teams.
- Fine arts, which include photography, ceramics and both instrumental and vocal music opportunities that are the best in our region.
The program at Waverly High School also features a full array of athletics and extra-curricular programs. Waverly graduates have been eminently successful and attend many major colleges and universities, including Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), Brown University, Penn State, Ohio State, Cornell University, Princeton and Syracuse University. Waverly High has traditionally had the highest percentage of Regents diploma graduates, with more than 89 percent going on to college or university programs.